Tuesday, July 19, 2016

In the mood for fish...

I was in the mood to make something quick and easy and remembered I had some fish in the freezer.  We like to buy the frozen pack of Whiting from Publix and just keep it in the freezer for quick meals and so that's what I decided to make last night.  I started looking up Whiting recipes on Pinterest, but honestly, had very little luck.  So I decided to use a recipe for another type of white, flakey, fish and try it out.  It was sooooooooo good!  I made a lemon, butter, cilantro, pan-fried fish using my Calphalon skillet!  My husband bought me the skillet because I complained that I needed something better to make pancakes on (because I'm a horrible pancake maker), but I use it for EVERYTHIGN except making pancakes on and I absolutely love it!  LOL!  It was perfect for this fish recipe.  I followed the recipe below, but like I said earlier, I used Whiting and I used cilantro instead of the parsley.  I also used a little onion powder and garlic powder to marinate my fish with. This meal was honestly, super quick and easy!  I made a pot of rice and steamed some broccoli next to it - it was perfect!

Here's the link to the recipe:
http://juliasalbum.com/2015/10/trout-with-garlic-lemon-butter-herb-sauce/


Here's what it looked like:



Completed fish put back in the sauce
Cooking fish flesh side down 

Fresh garlic, cilantro, and lemon

Pan frying skin side down

Making the sauce - as a side note, I do not cook with alcohol and so where the recipe says to deglaze with white wine, I used a little broth instead


Completed meal

No comments:

Post a Comment