Tuesday, July 5, 2016

When you're too busy...

One of my favorite, go to, quick meals is dumplings!  Like I said in an earlier post, my 2 year old LOVES Asian flavors and most especially, spring rolls and dumplings.  When we lived in nyc, the hubby and I went on a date night to an Asian restaurant (can't remember the name) after buying a groupon for a dumpling making class!  It was FABULOUS and actually was one of our favorite date nights!  Now, this was LONG before we got married and had kiddos and I actually had time to make dumplings from scratch! LOL!  Also while living in nyc, we discovered Trader Joe's dumplings and fell in LOVE with them!  They've got great flavors and seasoning and aren't bland, rubbery, or mushy like some of the other frozen ones I've tried from various grocery stores.

Now that we are married with 2 kids, one of my go to meals, is frozen Trader Joe's dumplings!  We always have several bags of these in the freezer just for these kinds of days.  Below you'll find pics of the two kinds we like best (Cilantro Chicken and Veggies and Shrimp).  I always pan fry these as per the directions on the back and I also ALWAYS make my own dipping sauce.  I've tried various pinterest recipes for my dipping sauce but tend to always revert back to the sauce part of the broccoli and shrimp recipe below (Feel free to also use this recipe another day because it is AMAZING and is also one of my go to, easy recipes!!!).  For the dipping sauce however, I do not add the cornstarch to it like the recipe says, I only do that when I'm actually making the broccoli and shrimp recipe.





These are the shrimp dumplings

Here's the recipe for the dipping sauce:
http://damndelicious.net/2015/01/16/easy-shrimp-broccoli-stir-fry/




My homemade dipping sauce


These are the chicken and cilantro ones


Here are what the two bags of frozen dumplings look like!

Sorry for the sideways photo!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to go visit Trader Joe's and try their dumplings!

    ReplyDelete