Thursday, July 21, 2016

Italian night!

Tonight is Italian night at my house!  Two SUPER easy meals in one!  The reason I make two in one is because the homemade pizza is usually finished tonight which leaves no leftovers for lunch tomorrow, so it's actually easier for me to make both so that everyone has lunch for tomorrow too! The first of the easy meals is a homemade pizza!  I make this almost weekly because it's a quick meal that everyone loves.  I always buy the pre-made/rolled out pizza dough that Publix makes fresh daily.  All I have to do is unroll it onto my baking sheet and add the toppings I like!  It's SUPER easy!  I just use whatever veggies I have in my fridge and buy a pack of pre-shredded mozzarella cheese - it's that easy.  My daughter and I love olives, so I always make sure I have olives on the pizza, but anything else goes :)

The second of the easy meals is a pasta that I learned to make a couple of months ago.  Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got the recipe or I would provide the link, but I've interchanged it with different veggies and different types of pasta.  Tonight I used linguine with the veggies I had in the fridge (red and green peppers, onions, sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and some fresh basil from the garden).   All you have to do is sauté some garlic and onion in some extra virgin olive oil and butter for a few minutes, add all the veggies (the original recipe called for asparagus that you slice using a potato peeler), and a container of marscapone cheese.  I'd NEVER cooked with marscapone before trying this recipe and didn't realize how it just melts in the pan to give it a creamy sauce.  I add some lemon zest and lemon juice, some salt and pepper, and that's it!  I throw it over the pasta and shred some parmesan reggiano over it and that's it!  Again, SUPER easy!  Two meals in one!

Finished pasta!


Finished pizza!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! This always makes me hungry even before I get home, plus I ran some miles today which makes gobbling down the carbs easy to come to terms with.

    ReplyDelete