Friday, December 9, 2016

Cinnamon Buns!

I was on Pinterest the other night just randomly looking through pins and came across this recipe for making "Cinnabon" Cinnamon Buns and thought "why not?!?!?!".  Picked up some of the ingredients this morning with the kiddos after story time at our local library and then began the process during "group nap" time!  As I was making the dough, I realized I didn't have enough flour (of course I realize this in the middle of the process and not while I'm at the store buying the ingredients!!!), and so I used about a cup and a half of whole wheat flour.  When my 2 year old woke up from nap, she helped me add the cinnamon center and roll it out :)  I love letting her help me in the kitchen! I think she has an appreciation for how things are made and always likes to help!

These are fresh out of the oven and I just had a chance to taste them! Soooooo yummy!!!  I have to say though....I think the whole wheat flour made them a little grainy, I probably WON'T be using it again!  LOL!

Here's the Pinterest recipe I followed:
http://www.jocooks.com/bakery/breads/cinnabons-cinnamon-rolls/


Here's how they turned out:
Fresh out of the oven before being frosted!

After adding the frosting


Making the cream cheese frosting found in the recipe

Allowing them to rise another 30 min. before putting them in the oven to bake

Rolling it up!

Adding the cinnamon mixture for the center

Deena working on her rolling skills!!!

Cinnamon mixture

Dough after rising an hour

Deena helping mix!


No comments:

Post a Comment