Saturday, December 3, 2016

Carrot, Ginger, Turmeric Soup!

My husband said he tried a phenomenal butternut squash soup at Panera earlier this week and I had randomly pinned this soup recipe on the same day.  I decided to give it a try today!  Unfortunately, the link didn't work through Pinterest, but all of the ingredients were listed below the photo and so I used those ingredients and used another recipe as a guide.  It actually turned out SOOOOOOO good!  I'm not really a soup person, but my husband is, and I got his stamp of approval on this one!

Here are the two recipes I used as a guide:
http://helloglow.co/healing-carrot-soup-with-turmeric-and-ginger/
This is the one I used as a guide.  I did the beginning steps as stated with the green onions, garlic, and ginger in the coconut oil. I then added the cinnamon, turmeric, salt, and carrots also like it said.  But then I added a few items from the original recipe I pinned:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/354517801902042690/
I added a little curry powder, half a tin of coconut milk, water, and I even added some of the turkey broth that I have saved from Thanksgiving!

Here's what it looks like:

After blending and putting back in pot

Blending all the ingredients together after carrots have softened

Ingredients simmering together

No comments:

Post a Comment