Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Ginger, Oat, Banana Muffins

Three years ago, I had recently moved to Jacksonville and was preggers with my first! I hadn't landed a teaching job yet and began watching "The Chew"almost daily! Daphne Oz and I were pregnant at the same time (this happened twice actually!!!) and she made a muffin recipe for morning sickness!  I was one of the lucky ones that didn't actually get morning sickness with either of my littles (thank God!!!), but I did get bouts of dizziness and so I decided to give it a try!  It actually turned out to be one of my family's favorite recipes and I have made it a million times since then!  My husband, daughter, sister, cousins, friends, etc. all LOVE it and I tend to make them whenever people come into town - just because! It's SUPER easy and the best part is that it's made with great ingredients!  There's NO FLOUR in the recipe!!!!  It's made with oat flour (you just put regular oatmeal into a blender and voila - oat flour) and cinnamon and ginger and yogurt and molasses and mashed up bananas - great stuff!  There are a few other ingredients so check the recipe, but I almost always make them when we have a few bananas left that are about to go bad!

Since being preggers with my first, I have watched "The Chew" on and off (depending on my work schedule) and have to say - I really LOVE it!  I get inspired by them ALL the time and regularly remake things they've done on the show :)

Here's the original recipe:
http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12087961/morning-sickness-muffins-recipe

Now.....I ALWAYS add chocolate chips to this recipe!  I think it's a deal breaker!  But I know some family and friends have made it without and love it just the same - trust me - add the chocolate chips!!!! I also skip adding the 1/4 cup of brown sugar because I add the chocolate chips. I also added flax seeds today's recipe and it was great!

Here's how mine turned out today:

Fresh out of the oven!



 Before going into the oven

Deena helping me mix the dry ingredients

Deena adding the cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment