Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fresh Garden Herbs!



So I was watching today's episode of "The Chew" and was inspired by a dish being made using lots of fresh herbs.  It was a grilled chicken with a cilantro/mint marinade! Luckily, the herbs in our garden are growing fabulously and so I decided to get up and make it!  The marinade has lots of asian flavors in it, which our family loves.  It includes fresh cilantro, mint, lemongrass, and chives from our garden along with some red onion, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh ginger.

Here's the link to Clinton's recipe on "The Chew" today that inspired my dinner:
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/grilled-chicken-lettuce-cups-with-fresh-herbs-chiles-clinton-kelly


While I was cutting up all of these herbs, I decided to also make some spring rolls at the same time!  I used all of the same ingredients but also threw in some cabbage, sprouts, and shredded carrots!  Our eldest daughter, Deena, is a huge fan of spring rolls!  It took me MANY years to even try Asian flavors, but thanks to the hubby, I started getting used to eating it when we went out, and now I love it and love cooking it.

Here are some pics of what today's dinner will look like:

This is the mix I made to put into the spring rolls

This is the fresh herb marinade to put over the grilled chicken

Chicken grilled on the stove top using my cast iron pan

Chicken after its been shredded

I added salt, pepper, olive oil, and some vegetable grilling seasoning to the veggies going into the spring rolls

So you basically fill the egg roll dough with the veggie mix (and for those Egyptians)...roll it like mahshee waraa 3nab or grape leaf rolls!  See picture below!

Wrapped spring rolls ready to be pan fried (do this like you would dumplings)




No comments:

Post a Comment