Sunday, October 2, 2016

Conch Fritters

Many years ago, I took my first trip to the Bahamas!  One of my closest friends (Jodie) is from there and introduced me to the conch fritter!  If you've ever been to the Bahamas you know that you MUST have a conch salad and some conch fritters!  But then, you get back home and there's no conch and eventually you crave it!  Now, another of my closest friends (Yolanda) has an aunt that lived in the Bahamas for many years (Auntie Sissil) and she makes AMAZING homemade conch fritters.  She used to make them for us when she would come up to visit and would make them when we would go down to visit!  My mother in law sent some conch (lambee as it's called in Grenada) up from Grenada with his aunt and we got some great, fresh conch and so I decided to call up Aunite Sissil and see if I could get that recipe!

I also looked it up on Pinterest (of course) and sort of combined what Aunie Sissil told me and the recipes I was finding on Pinterest.  Here's the one I loosely followed:
https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/146922/conch-fritters-with-caribbean-dipping-sauce/

Here are some pics of how they turned out!!!!

Yum, Yum!
My daughter's portion!

The sauce is made from mayonnaise, ketchup, and a little mustard all mixed together!

Frying up the fritters

Fritter SAUCE!!!

The conch mixed into the batter

Conch, peppers, onions, and garlic mixed with spices

Chopped up conch

Everything that went into the batter

No comments:

Post a Comment