Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stuffed Mushrooms!

I needed another "something" to add to my vegetarian leftovers from yesterday and decided to try this stuffed mushroom recipe!  I've tried it once before and it turned out FABULOUSLY and so I thought I'd give it a shot again.  The first time I did with ricotta cheese and this time I used cream cheese.  I have to say, I liked it with the ricotta better!  Next time, I'll go back to using the ricotta!  They were still yummy, but I think the cream cheese had more salt than the ricotta did, so it gave it a thicker, saltier taste.

Here's the Pinterest recipe I loosely followed:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15184/mouth-watering-stuffed-mushrooms/?e11=cream%20cheese%20stuffed%20mushrooms&prop24=SR_Title&e8=Quick%20Search&event8=1&e7=Recipe&event10=1

Here's how the stuffed mushrooms turned out:


Right out of the oven

The recipe doesn't call for a "broil" at the end, but I like it to crisp the tops a bit

Before going in the oven


Cheese mixture - I added sauteed spinach to it also

Blending together the cheese mix



Mushroom caps with stems removed

No comments:

Post a Comment