Sunday, November 6, 2016

French Toast

One of my dad's specialities growing up was his French Toast.  He would mix together a whole bunch of things and throw it in the pan and voila! French Toast!  Now, my sister also makes a mean French Toast and my husband sometimes asks me to make her French Toast.  She has more of a recipe or finesse to her recipe and so I've sort of adopted her way of making it!  I baked some fresh bread earlier this week (check the blog post!) and my husband asked me to make some French Toast with the remainder of it this weekend!  So here it is!

Here's the Pinterest recipe that I loosely followed:
http://countryrecipebook.com/easy-country-french-toast/
I also added a little brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the egg mixture!  The cinnamon, vanilla, and salt are KEY ingredients!


Yummy!  The other key ingredient is MAPLE SYRUP!!!

Here's my 2 year old's breakfast!

Browning the other side

Placing the soaked bread on the hot griddle


I absolutely LOVE this Calphalon griddle pan!






No comments:

Post a Comment