Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pasta and Grilled Veggies

I happened to have a lot of grilled eggplant left in my fridge from a bbq I had the other day and decided I wanted to use it in a pasta.  I made my own "red" sauce by sauteing some garlic and onions in olive oil with some allspice, salt, and pepper.  I added a can of crushed tomatoes and let it simmer while cooking my pasta.  One of the things that makes me feel better about eating a lot of pasta is to make it with half whole wheat pasta and half regular.  You can barely taste the difference and it's a little better for you!  I cut up some yellow and green zucchini and onions and sauteed them in some olive oil and garlic powder.  I then cut up my grilled eggplant and added them to the veggie mix.  When everything was all done, I mixed the sauce, pasta, and veggies all together with some fresh basil from the garden and some shaved parmesan cheese!

Just finished eating some of this for lunch with a couple pieces of a french baguette!

Here's how it looked:


No comments:

Post a Comment