Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Turkey Meatballs!


My daughter LOVES a book called "Yummy, Yucky!" and reads it at least once every day!  It's a very simple book about things that are yummy and things that are yucky (and thus SHOULDN'T be put in your mouth!!)...lol.  We were reading it with her last night and one of the things that is labelled as "yummy" is spaghetti and then we read another of her favorites this week called "Fire Engine No. 9" where after the firefighters save the child from the fire, they have an Italian dinner of spaghetti with meatballs....and we realized she's never had meatballs before!  So that was the inspiration for tonight's meal :)

I went onto Pinterest and loosely followed the following link:
http://gimmedelicious.com/2014/06/04/turkey-meatballs-in-tomato-sauce/

I also added some garlic powder and onion powder to the turkey mixture and used seasoned Panko instead of breadcrumbs because that's all I had!  I also made my own sauce and recommend you use a marinara that you like!  I watch a lot of cooking shows and vaguely remember always being told to sear the meatballs before putting them in the sauce and so I also did that even though the recipe doesn't call for it.

Here's how my turkey meatballs turned out!




I made a large dish of it with some penne underneath



I had extra meatballs and seared and cooked them so I can use them in a wrap or something later this week

Meatballs simmering after being seared

Searing meatballs in my Calphalon pan in some olive oil




Seasoning my turkey meat (I used a combination of ground turkey AND turkey sausage)

No comments:

Post a Comment