Friday, August 12, 2016

Felt Like Baking

I didn't have to cook this evening and decided I wanted something sweet.  I decided to look up an old Pinterest recipe that I tried a few months back for a Peach Upside Down Cake.  I didn't have any peaches and decided to use that recipe for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake instead!  It was so quick and easy to make!  Luckily I had all of the ingredients already and didn't have to make a Publix run :) Just FYI, the Pinterest recipe below is for the Peach cake - which by the way, was phenomenal also if you happen to have peaches!

Pinterest recipe for the Peach Upside Down Cake:
http://flavorite.net/2015/04/28/peach-upside-down-cake/

Completed Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A slice of the cake!
Melted butter and brown sugar in the bottom of the pan
Can of sliced pineapple
After I finished baking the cake, I realized we didn't have enough bread for the weekend and decided to bake some bread!  I already posted this recipe in a previous blog, so look it up if you'd like a quick and easy Kitchen Aid recipe!  Here's how the bread turned out!  Also, on our trip to Canada last week, my cousin Nadine introduced us to this AMAZING fig jam.  We went to a fancy cheese store and got some cheeses and crackers and this jam.  It was sooooooo good, we had to bring the rest of the jar home with us.  If you can get your hands on this fig jam, I highly recommend it!


Amazing Fig Jam!!!!  MUST TRY!!!






My 2 year old helping me bake bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment