Friday, August 26, 2016

Singapore Noodle

Last night I felt like having an old favorite of mine!  My old school back in NYC was across the street from a Chinese food restaurant called Panda House.  A colleague of mine (Eileen) turned me on to Singapore Noodles years ago and I've loved it ever since!!!!  There are tons of Pinterest recipes on how to make this, with lots of different add ins, to me they all seem similar.

Here's the one I chose to loosely follow:
http://www.cilantroandcitronella.com/vegetable-singapore-noodles/
I like to add shrimp to my noodles and I also use whatever stir fry veggies I have available.  The recipe's author also makes their own curry, but I just use the store bought curry powder and only put 3 tablespoons in instead of the 4 tablespoons the recipe calls for.  I made it too spicy last time and my 2 year old couldn't have any :(


Here's how mine turned out :)

Just fyi - my 2 year old also LOVES this recipe!


I add the shrimp to the recipe after all the veggies have been mixed in with the curry powder for a few minutes

Frying the veggies in some sesame oil before adding the curry powder
Chopped green onion, onion, garlic, and ginger.  I also added some fresh okra from my garden to the recipe
My mother in law brings up some passion fruit pulp from Grenada for us and this is the last of the bag we had in the freezer!  I made some fresh passion fruit juice with dinner tonight! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment