Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Lots of veggies and Leftovers

Every now and then, we have a night of random leftovers in the fridge, so I try to do something with them to finish them up :)  I usually turn them into a stir fry dish of some sort and so last night, that's exactly what I did.  We always have a bag of frozen mixed vegetables from Costco in the freezer for just these occasions and I always have ingredients on hand to make a stir fry sauce with.  I posted about this sauce before, but if you didn't read that blog, I've added the link to it below.  I love the sauce that's made with this shrimp and broccoli recipe from Pinterest and it's my go-to sauce for most Asian dishes I make (regardless of what the recipe calls for).

Here's the Pinterest recipe for the sauce:
http://damndelicious.net/2015/01/16/easy-shrimp-broccoli-stir-fry/

Now tonight, we also didn't have much left for dinner and I had made a tuna salad this morning for my hubby to take for lunch with him as a wrap and so I decided to make a pasta salad to go with it.  I learned this pasta salad recipe from the lead teacher at a daycare center I was working at while I was in college back in Arizona and it has also been my go-to recipe for years!  The secret ingredients are red onions, black olives, and it MUST be Wishbone Italian salad dressing.  They used to make one called Zesty Italian, but I haven't been able to find it in a while and so now I use the one called Robusto Italian instead.  I take this pasta salad with me to dinner parties and picnics.  It's SUPER easy and can be made with ANY veggies you have in the refrigerator.



Pasta Salad - I used what I had in the fridge: carrots, cherry tomatoes, yellow zucchini, broccoli, black olives, and red peppers.  The tricolor pasta is a MUST!

Salad dressing for Pasta Salad

Here are some pics of my stir fry:

My 2 year old's portion for dinner :)

 I also decided to try a stuffed mushroom recipe that turned out AMAZINGLY!  Here's the link to the Pinterest recipe I used:
http://www.thebusybaker.ca/2016/04/spinach-and-ricotta-stuffed-mushrooms.html
Stuffed mushrooms before going into the oven

Capped mushrooms and cheese blend before stuffing the mushrooms

Mushrooms out of the oven



No comments:

Post a Comment