Friday, August 12, 2016

FRY-Day!


Well....I really made this on Thursday, but I made enough that I don't have to cook today and so we are having more of the fried food for dinner tonight!

I felt for something fried and pulled out some frozen whiting I had, peeled and cut up some potatoes, and washed large florets of cauliflower to fry too!  I made a basic batter of flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs.  I seasoned my flour with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, and paprika.  I seasoned my fish with this great marinade that we get from Trader Joe's called "Island Soyaki".  We actually use this on almost everything (chicken, beef, fish, and shrimp). I always start my batter with flour, then drench in beaten eggs, and patted down with Panko breadcrumbs.  The Panko breadcrumbs make fried food even crispier and crunchier than just using regular breadcrumbs!

Here's how everything turned out:

This is the finished product of FRY-day!  Yum, Yum! Fried Whiting, homemade french fries, and fried cauliflower!

Here's what the cauliflower looked like while frying it

Fried Whiting resting on some paper towels to remove some of the oil after frying

Whiting while frying!  Make sure to have the oil on medium heat and to turn the fish to get that perfect brown color

The seasoned batter I use in the right order!  Seasoned flour on top, then beaten eggs, then Panko breadcrumbs

Growing up my parents made us homemade french fries all the time.  The trick to getting them extra crispy is to have them soak while cut up in water with some salt and vinegar in it!  Let soak at least a half an hour and then fry!  Place them over some paper towel and sprinkle salt and pepper over them while they're still sizzling!

Cauliflower with seasoned breadcrumbs before placing in oil

Finished fried cauliflower


These are the Panko Breadcrumbs I use
This is the seasoning I talked about above....soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment