Thursday, August 25, 2016

Mmmmmmm Salmon!

Every now and then, we run out of our bulk supplies and have to make a Costco run.  We did so earlier this week and were very pleasantly surprised to find that they were carrying wild caught salmon!  My husband refuses to buy anything that was farm raised (for health reasons and because we've seen way too many documentaries...) and so we were happy to find a wild caught salmon fillet!  I made a SUPER simple meal that turned out great!  Made some plain, white rice, steamed a bunch of veggies, and marinated the salmon in that great Soyaki sauce we get from Trader Joe's (I've mentioned this sauce in several posts!!!!).

Here's how it turned out:

My plate of food!  I also love to put a little sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store) to the top of my plain rice! 
For anyone wondering about how I feed my 2 year old, here are her portions.  The larger plate is what she had for dinner and I always just pack her a lunch for the next day whenever I cook.  The smaller container has her lunch for the next day.  I just have to heat it up and give it to her.  Makes my life easier!

Salmon straight out of the oven.  I cut up some chives and rosemary from the garden and sliced some lemons to put over it before putting it in the oven.

Simple steamed veggies tossed in some butter, salt, and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment