Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Eggplant Roll Up!

My husband has been trying to consume less meat in a quest to be more healthy and take better care of our bodies.  So I keep trying new "meatless" recipes and to my surprise, most have them have been really good!  I found an eggplant roll up recipe on Facebook via the Tasty page as I was scrolling one night and thought I would try it.  Of course, when I went back to find the recipe, I couldn't and so I just typed Eggplant Roll Up in Pinterest and found tons of recipes!

Here's the link to the Pinterest recipe I used.  I also added onion powder, garlic powder, and fresh cilantro to my cheese mix!  After salting my eggplant slices to allow it to sweat (this takes the bitterness out of the eggplant), I pan fried them to brown them and allow them to soften.  The recipe says to put them in the oven, so I guess you could do either one!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/merleoneal/heres-how-to-make-lasagna-roll-ups-with-egg-plant?bffbtasty&ref=bffbtasty&utm_term=.em4APdEzN#.hpnGAgnp9


Here's how mine turned out!

Eggplant rollup after baking

Before baking in the oven

Eggplant rolled up before adding final topping

Ricotta cheese blend

Pan fried eggplant slices

No comments:

Post a Comment