Monday, August 22, 2016

Nana's in town!

I haven't posted in a few days because my mom's been in town and has been cooking up a storm!  Below are some of my most favorite Egyptian dishes!  My mom is an amazing cook, but doesn't use any kind of recipes or measuring.  For years, I have been sitting next to her trying to record measurements and make recipes out of the great Egyptian dishes she cooks and I've come close to getting most of them right! My 2 year old, my husband, and I have been indulging in the good cooking for the past few days :)

Kufta (ground beef mixed with herbs and spices)
Cabbage rolls stuffed with rice (mixed with herbs, spices, and tomato sauce)



This is what the rice blend looks like before being stuffed in the cabbage or grape leaves

Macarona bil bechamel (Macaroni and ground beef in a bechamel sauce)


Yogurt chicken.  It's hard to see but underneath the layer of yogurt, ground onion, parsley, and tomato paste is a layer of chicken....mmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment